|dc.description.abstract||Develop a concept design with wireless, MRI compatible devices for use
in fMRI studies. Compared to most of the current equipment on the
market which are based on fiber optics with significant physical
limitations, will a solution based on electronics with wireless
transmission provide greater flexibility with regard to design and
integration of sensors.
Specification / system description
- Consideration of various wireless technologies and sensors and
outline a system solution.
- Accurate timing is critical in many fMRI applications and must be
ensured in the design
- Develop a system with at least two handheld wireless devices
including response buttons.
* Each device should have at least 4 buttons for response, and one or
several other optional sensor such as gyro, accelerometer, heart rate,
* The units should run on rechargeable batteries which are MR
compatible in respect to magnetic force and eddy currents.
- Data will be read into the PC located in an operation room via USB
and serial interface.
- The system should continuously monitor each wireless device for
battery capacity and error detection||en
|dc.subject||Kybernetikk og robotikk||en
|dc.title||Design of MRI compatible wireless response devices and sensors||en
|dc.contributor.department||Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet, Fakultet for informasjonsteknologi og elektroteknikk,Institutt for teknisk kybernetikk||nb_NO